Meheen rinsing solution.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meheen rinsing solution.

Does anyone know if there are bottle-rinsing solutions for the Meheen lines that allow for picking the bottles directly from the pallets with the bottle-plates?

Most pallets are stacked with the bottles in a "zig-zag" formation for logistical and stabilizing reasons, I see however that the bottle-plates for the Meheen have holes for the bottles in parallel, which means (I'm assuming, as I have never used a Meheen) that you have to load them with the bottles from the pallet by hand.

It would be quite the energy saver to be able to pick 24 bottles at a time directly from the pallet and place it on the rinsing table.

Best regards,

Christian from Norway

Yes, there is for sure. Shoot me an e mail. Marius@graffbrygghus.no
    Marius Graff,
    Head Brewer, Graff Brygghus
    Tromsø, Norway

Comment

Picking up bottles

Originally posted by keiron View Post
      Does anyone know if there are bottle-rinsing solutions for the Meheen lines that allow for picking the bottles directly from the pallets with the bottle-plates?

Most pallets are stacked with the bottles in a "zig-zag" formation for logistical and stabilizing reasons, I see however that the bottle-plates for the Meheen have holes for the bottles in parallel, which means (I'm assuming, as I have never used a Meheen) that you have to load them with the bottles from the pallet by hand.

It would be quite the energy saver to be able to pick 24 bottles at a time directly from the pallet and place it on the rinsing table.

Best regards,

Christian from Norway
      Hi Christian,

We use a method we call "the pattern."

Click image for larger version

Name:	bottles1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	191479Click image for larger version

Name:	bottles2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	191480

Hopefully the photos attached correctly.

Remove the red bottles, and you are left with 6 diamond shapes. Then we have a simple homemade plastic device that is hinged in each corner and we are able to place it over the bottles and turn that diamond shape into a rectangle that can be easily picked up with the Meheen bottle grabber.

Let me know if these pictures didn't attach for some reason. good luck!

Seth
      Seth Hurley
      Packaging Manager
      Maine Beer Company
      seth@mainebeercompany.com
      860-227-4292

Comment

Originally posted by SethHurley View Post
        Hi Christian,

We use a method we call "the pattern."

[ATTACH]51829[/ATTACH][ATTACH]51830[/ATTACH]

Hopefully the photos attached correctly.

Remove the red bottles, and you are left with 6 diamond shapes. Then we have a simple homemade plastic device that is hinged in each corner and we are able to place it over the bottles and turn that diamond shape into a rectangle that can be easily picked up with the Meheen bottle grabber.

Let me know if these pictures didn't attach for some reason. good luck!

Seth
        Good stuff, Seth! Tanks alot for the input. Been busy testing out the Meheen. Pretty excited with the results thus far

But one "bottleneck" is the depalletising and rinsing, so I will be sure to try your pattern out at the next bottling.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X