Guest Taps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest Taps

I'm going to offer 5-6 guest taps in my tasting room in addition to the 4-5 I'll brew in order to round out the "beer rainbow". What sort of sell through are you seeing in your brewery for guest taps? Are you buying sixtels or 1/2bbl kegs? I know it'll vary greatly based on several factors but I'm trying to get a feel for typical sell through rates. Yes I'll be polling local breweries also, but thought I might get more feedback quicker here. Thanks.

Just offering advice, 1/2 barrels offer a better price per oz for your profit margin vs. a 1/6. Guest taps can for sure bolster your line up and keep butts in seats, I would recommend against selling anything against what you are offering i.e. if you make an IPA, don't offer any guest IPA's on tap at the same time. Your guest list should be a supplement to your house beers, which offer a much better profit margin.

Comment

Originally posted by DVB View Post
      I would recommend against selling anything against what you are offering i.e. if you make an IPA, don't offer any guest IPA's on tap at the same time. Your guest list should be a supplement to your house beers, which offer a much better profit margin.
      Unless you are trying to put the brakes on something that is, for whatever reason, moving faster than you can resupply. Like if I have a run on Pale I'll put a guest one on too to help slink along a couple days until the next batch is ready. But in general I quite agree.
      Russell Everett
      Co-Founder / Head Brewer
      Bainbridge Island Brewing
      Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Bainbridge View Post
        Unless you are trying to put the brakes on something that is, for whatever reason, moving faster than you can resupply. Like if I have a run on Pale I'll put a guest one on too to help slink along a couple days until the next batch is ready. But in general I quite agree.
        What sort of sell through are you seeing in your brewery for guest taps?

Comment

Working...
        X