Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bottling unfiltered beer with fruit puree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottling unfiltered beer with fruit puree?

Hi All
    So I'm about to brew my first batch of fruit beer, haven't decided on the fruit yet.
    Anny issues bottling or kegging reguarding the left over fruit I should be afraid of?
    It's a 20HL batch, going into a unitank.
    I am planning to wait to about 1p above fg, add the puree from the PRV, spund the Unitank. Then wait to complete fermentation, cold crash. Remove fruit/yeast every few days. After 2-3 weeks cold, package from the racking arm.
    Thanks for any info you can share!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I think there is another post on this very question somewhere else on the forum in the last few days. Adding the puree to the FV during last leg of fermentation is a solid move in my opinion. Eats up the sugar, leaves behind the aroma oils and other flavor chemicals. It's a very good idea to spund your FV after you add the fruit, in my opinion. If you read up on how the flavor in fruit is exctracted - most of it is volatile aroma oils similar to those found in dry hop extraction - so keeping them in the FV and the beer medium is important. Ensure to mitigate o2 as much as possible from FV to bottle in order to preserve the most fruit flavor/aroma.
    Ryan
    Viridian Brewing Company
    [Brewery-In-Planning]

Comment

Working...
    X