Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FILLING HLT & CLT with WATER

Hey there,
    We have a brand new 15BBL brewhouse we are putting together. We are running our main water lines to our CLT and HLT, and I am confused as to where we put our MAIN BREWERY WATEr into. We have a port on the bottom, a 2" TC that goes about 75% of the way up the tank. There is also a 1.5" TC on top of the tank right by the hatch. There is also a line on the bottom, that goes to the suction of our HLT and CLT pumps, that come to the back of the tank with a 1.5" line with a valve. I can use either of the 3, just trying to see what everyone else thoughts are. Our supplier is not responding to our emails or phone calls, so they are absolutely no help. Thanks in advance.

Now obviously others may say differently, but I would put the fresh water inlet at the top, and the recirculation return in the one about 75% of the way up the tank. Make sure there is a breather / overflow at the top. Personally I would have the overflow run down to floor level, and a separate breather / vent with chinamans hat or equivalent to stop debris ingress, and prevent sucking air from low level which is likely to be more infected with yeast etc that higher level air.

Most of your water should go into the cold liquor tank - you shouldn't need to top up the HLT much as it should get made up principally from the CLT via the wort PHE. But you still need an HLT top up.

You should also be able to clean both of them periodically - so a cleaning head fitting is required (via the vent connection is how I have done them before now)
    dick

Comment

Send me a personal message with your email and I will send you a HLT/CLT plumbing cut sheet. I tried to attach it but I did not work.

Comment

Working...
      X