Thread: single 12oz offerings

single 12oz offerings

What does everyone think of the idea of offering special offerings in single 12oz. bottles for distribution. They would be "big" beers that would be one offs

I worked at a now-defunct micro in Colorado, years ago, that did this very thing. We brewed "Brewmaster's Line" beers; big beers, and sold them only in single-bottle 12oz'ers. If I remember right, I think they were going for around $2.50 each! Great beers though; doppelbocks, maibocks, rauchbeirs. Sold everyone we bottled! The key, I think, was that these were really remarkable beers and they were marketed as gourmet-niche beers! Went on to win a gold at the GABF with one!
    Dave

Why not in a 16oz bottle?

You should find some images on this site…somewhere!

16oz bottle makes a perfect pint (easy to drink) and it would definitely bring a plus value to your product…without scaring off your customer with a 22oz bomber.
    Pascal Thibault - UNITED BOTTLES & PACKAGING
    …New packaging and private molds, washing services, ingredients and kegs...since 1994

pascal.thibault@unitedbottles.com
    www.unitedbottles.com
    (450.622.1600 ext.243)

would love to do 22oz or 16oz but as a contract brewer I'm only able to do what the brewery I work with will do and thats 12oz or 755ml. don't really like the 755 and th eprice makes it way to prohibitive. thanks for the idea wish I could.

Keep us in mind, there’s no difference in height between the 16oz and 12oz…
    And the price for a 16oz is not that excessive.

Cheers!

Ps. our minimum would be 1 skid
    Pascal Thibault - UNITED BOTTLES & PACKAGING
    …New packaging and private molds, washing services, ingredients and kegs...since 1994

pascal.thibault@unitedbottles.com
    www.unitedbottles.com
    (450.622.1600 ext.243)

There are a number of 12 oz. singles on the market that do quite well here even at 4 and 5 bucks a piece. Avery's "The Beast" is one example. Orvall sells a 12 oz. single as well. Granted this is in a large market (Dallas, TX), so may not be appropriate where you are. If you're in a smaller market where craft brews are still struggling, you may have a hard sale on your hands.