single 12oz offerings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• single 12oz offerings

What does everyone think of the idea of offering special offerings in single 12oz. bottles for distribution. They would be "big" beers that would be one offs

I worked at a now-defunct micro in Colorado, years ago, that did this very thing. We brewed "Brewmaster's Line" beers; big beers, and sold them only in single-bottle 12oz'ers. If I remember right, I think they were going for around $2.50 each! Great beers though; doppelbocks, maibocks, rauchbeirs. Sold everyone we bottled! The key, I think, was that these were really remarkable beers and they were marketed as gourmet-niche beers! Went on to win a gold at the GABF with one!
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

would love to do 22oz or 16oz but as a contract brewer I'm only able to do what the brewery I work with will do and thats 12oz or 755ml. don't really like the 755 and th eprice makes it way to prohibitive. thanks for the idea wish I could.

Comment

There are a number of 12 oz. singles on the market that do quite well here even at 4 and 5 bucks a piece. Avery's "The Beast" is one example. Orvall sells a 12 oz. single as well. Granted this is in a large market (Dallas, TX), so may not be appropriate where you are. If you're in a smaller market where craft brews are still struggling, you may have a hard sale on your hands.

Comment

Working...
        X