Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fermenter Spacing for New Brewery

Hello,

Trying to do preliminary layout for architect of brewery area. What is the best spacing for fermenters from each other and walls, etc.

Thank you,
    Paul

As close to each other as possible, with just enough room behind them to get back there if you need to fix a glycol leak or anything

Comment

Originally posted by BrewerJake View Post
      As close to each other as possible, with just enough room behind them to get back there if you need to fix a glycol leak or anything

Thanks Jake. I thought you wanted enough room between them to clean the outsides and get a ladder between them? I was thinking 2 feet, is this wrong?

Comment

I allow a minimum of 40 cm at the wall sides, but would prefer 50 cm if possible, and preferably this space between tanks themselves, though am prepared to go to about half that for inter-tank space if necessary - as long as you have room for proper cleaning, and routing pipework between tanks. Obviously you need at least one access point to the back of the tanks at least 40 cm.

40 cm is pretty tight, but workable, so you or your co-workers are big - you may want to allow more space or get a ferret to clean behind!!
        dick

Comment

Originally posted by BrewerJake View Post
          +1 and foaming acid wash is your friend. Make sure your walls are covered in FRP or something similar and spray away.

If you are in a humid and hot climate, consider enough space to spray your walls for mold prevention/cleaning too.

If you are nimble, you can usually squeeze between your cones. For brites, go with the 40-50cm like Dick suggests.

Comment

Working...
          X