Head Brewer looking for a home in the DMV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Brewer looking for a home in the DMV

I currently live in MD and am a stones throw away from DC and Northern Virginia. I started brewing almost 13 years ago with Heavy Seas Beer in Baltimore. There I cut my teeth on every aspect of production brewing. I worked my way from brewer to cellar to filter manager to Senior Brewer running the whole show answering only to my Brewmaster. I imagined and brought to fruition the barrel program that Heavy Seas is currently running today. I also ran the nations largest cask program. During my 8 years at HS I personally witnessed growth from 10,000 bbl's a year to 50,000 bbl's a year. With that growth came major staffing and production challenges that I have first hand knowledge of. At Heavy Seas the team and I won 8 GABF medals, 5 World Beer Cup medals and numerous MD Brewers Cup awards.

In Dec 2013 I decided to leave Heavy Seas to start an exciting new venture called Caboose Brewing Co. This was particularly exciting because it was a start up without a building yet. At Caboose my role as Head Brewer took on many hats. I oversaw the instillation of the brewhouse (15bbl) and tanks. I was involved in every aspect of brewery design and layout. From the boiler to the chiller to the air compressor there is not one piece of equipment that I have not been a part of its installation. As Head Brewer my responsibilities included but were not limited to recipe formulation, raw material ordering, chemical ordering, scheduling, all paperwork including taxes, etc.. I'm proud to say I left my stamp on Caboose with 2 Gold medals and Bronze at the Virginia Craft Beer Cup.

Cheers,
    Chris Mallon

If interested please email me at:
    cmallon88@gmail.com
    Resume available upon request.
Working...
X