Sample bottling from kegs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sample bottling from kegs

So I was bottling some samples straight off of our kegs in the walk-in cooler so i can drop off at restaurants/bars. A QC test showed that the beers were slightly under-carbed. I was using the blichman beer gun setup that worked so well from fundraising days. CO2 came straight from the draft line. I just cut off 4" of tubing hoping that the decrease in pressure will help. I filled all bottles in the walk-in cooler to minimize foaming. Any suggestions or hints as to how to make the process more effective?
    Thanks
    John

Originally posted by OGBrewer76 View Post
    So I was bottling some samples straight off of our kegs in the walk-in cooler so i can drop off at restaurants/bars. A QC test showed that the beers were slightly under-carbed. I was using the blichman beer gun setup that worked so well from fundraising days. CO2 came straight from the draft line. I just cut off 4" of tubing hoping that the decrease in pressure will help. I filled all bottles in the walk-in cooler to minimize foaming. Any suggestions or hints as to how to make the process more effective?
    Thanks
    John
    I found it is good to maintain a high head pressure when filling bottles from the keg. You can bleed the extra pressure from the coupler when you are done. If you use a smaller diameter fill hose and increase the length then you maintain more co2 in solution when filling. You can always tap the side of the bottle with a spoon or something to create a good foam to cap on.

Make your tubing small/long enough and you will have enough resistance to keep the foam down (and the mess).

Comment

Working...
    X