Creating a following

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a following

Okay so we are wanting to open in the next year and a half - two years. We want to do tastings and get our name out there but so far every "festival" we have looked into requires you to be a liscensed brewery. So how do we find places to have tastings besides the every so often homebrew festivals/contests? Do we need a special liscense to do tastings before we have our official liscense? What sort of licenses does a buisness need to have in place for us to come pour for free? I have read texas laws forwards and backwards and I can't figure it out.

I'm in a different state, no clue on Texas law, but I've seen a few homebrewers going pro that have been giving out samples at festivals.
    My advice would be to skip it and focus all of your attention on getting the actual brewery open.
    Social media is a much more effective way to gather a following imo, but that can be tricky too before you open.

Another thing I should mention is that it's unlikely your beer will scale up with 100% accuracy, so the beers they're trying might not even be the beers you end up making. And if you're pushing your IPA, make sure the hops in it are available. You will not be able to make a Galaxy/Nelson DIPA as a flagship.

Comment

you could do awareness campaigns at brewfests - have flyers and swag, rather than beer.

Comment

Working...
      X