Question regarding serving food with a brewers license in WI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding serving food with a brewers license in WI

I will be asking our attorney for further clarification, but I wanted to ask here on PB first.

I know in Wisconsin, with a Brewer's Permit/license (not a brewpub license), you may serve pre-packaged foods without applying for any additional licenses. This would include things like chips, and snacks that are pre-sealed at a different facility. The real question is.....

Can you take a pre-packaged food item (for example a fully cooked smoked sausage), and heat them up in a steamer/other heat source, to serve to customers???

Thanks in advance everyone!

Cheers,

Regardless of whether you serve and prepare food or not you will need some kind of food processing or retail food permit from the state of Wisconsin Department of Agriculture. Sausage is a Time / temperature-sensitive food. Requires cold and hot handling. You would need some kind of permit for that. I have a retail food permit which allows you to basically run a whole restaurant, make beer, and distribute up to a quarter of your product.

Comment

Hello, Each State has its own set of codes!!

Hello, Each State has its own set of health codes!!

But could I give you maybe one suggestions for what you pay your lawyer per hour, to do research you could spend the whole day researching and still come out a head, it's pretty simple, go on line to your state or county health dept, look up the codes, print them out, for your self, if you have a question, carefully ask a expert at the heath dept. Based on the codes you read... There normally glad to help, if your nice to them, ask there advice!! Based on the codes you have??

This is something you need to become a expert on , not your lawyer!!!

Know the codes, front & back..

Gregg

Comment

Hello, Each State has its own set of codes!!

Hello, Each State has its own set of health codes!!

But could I give you maybe one suggestions for what you pay your lawyer per hour, to do research you could spend the whole day researching and still come out a head, it's pretty simple, go on line to your state or county health dept, look up the codes, print them out, for your self, if you have a question, carefully ask a expert at the heath dept. Based on the codes you read... There normally glad to help, if your nice to them, ask there advice!! Based on the codes you have??

This is something you need to become a expert on , not your lawyer!!!

Know the codes, front & back..

Gregg

Comment

Working...
        X