Emptying One Barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emptying One Barrel

I've come to the realization that filling just one wine/bourbon/rum/etc barrel presents all kinds of problems down the road. I would like to find an affordable solution to the problem of cold crashing, carbing and packaging one wooden barrel. There are all kinds of 2bbl jacketed brites out there but I'm looking for a simple, single wall vessel I can CIP and will hold 15PSI and not cost $3-4K. I guess I could siphon into kegs or brinks and force carb the old fashioned way but this seems labor intensive and inconsistent. Ideally I would like to fill no less than 4 barrels at a time but, sometimes it just happens. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by andrew_FSBC View Post
    I've come to the realization that filling just one wine/bourbon/rum/etc barrel presents all kinds of problems down the road. I would like to find an affordable solution to the problem of cold crashing, carbing and packaging one wooden barrel. There are all kinds of 2bbl jacketed brites out there but I'm looking for a simple, single wall vessel I can CIP and will hold 15PSI and not cost $3-4K. I guess I could siphon into kegs or brinks and force carb the old fashioned way but this seems labor intensive and inconsistent. Ideally I would like to fill no less than 4 barrels at a time but, sometimes it just happens. Any suggestions?
    Check out Stout Tanks and Kettles. I got a 60 gal non-jacketed brite tank from them for around $1,500. Fits one barrel nicely, move it into the cooler then carb through stone.

Comment

Stout Tanks

This is exactly what we do and it works great. You will be able to keg off it if you want and I also use a 30 psi prv on it, just to push co2, and we use it to bottle 22oz bombers for special release barrel aged beers.
      Michael Ieronimo
      Brass Works Brewing Company, LLC
      President/ Head Brewer

Comment

I'll look into one of those, thanks!

Comment

Well, looks like $1848 without a carb stone or shipping. Still on the hunt for a cheap option. I get the feeling I'm going to have to bite the bullet on a 2bbl brite or do the labor intensive kegging and shake and bake carbing.

Comment

Working...
          X