7 BBL Production Room Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 BBL Production Room Size

We are in the process of getting our brewery going and have an offer accepted on the location. The problem is that the location is sort of small, 3600 sq ft. I have a few but very limited options to play with the floor size in the production room. Right now, the room is scheduled to be 22 X 26 ft. I'd like to have to 4 X 7 BBL fermenters, 7 BBL Brew house, 1 X 7 BBL & 1 X 10 BBL Brite tanks in the production room if I can. Oh yeah, somehow I need to find room for a Walk In Cooler (8 X 10 ?), that can house the brite tanks.

So, I'm starting to realize that this going to be a really tight fit. Is this even possible? If not, does anybody have any suggestions on how to make this all fit besides by making the room bigger? What is the footprint for a 7 BBL system? We are in a downtown area so the space is super limited and there are not any other locations.

Originally posted by MainstreamBrew View Post
    We are in the process of getting our brewery going and have an offer accepted on the location. The problem is that the location is sort of small, 3600 sq ft. I have a few but very limited options to play with the floor size in the production room. Right now, the room is scheduled to be 22 X 26 ft. I'd like to have to 4 X 7 BBL fermenters, 7 BBL Brew house, 1 X 7 BBL & 1 X 10 BBL Brite tanks in the production room if I can. Oh yeah, somehow I need to find room for a Walk In Cooler (8 X 10 ?), that can house the brite tanks.

So, I'm starting to realize that this going to be a really tight fit. Is this even possible? If not, does anybody have any suggestions on how to make this all fit besides by making the room bigger? What is the footprint for a 7 BBL system? We are in a downtown area so the space is super limited and there are not any other locations.
    You can definitely make that size work. We started with a 2,600 sq ft unit with a 10bbl system. 4x10bbl fv, 2x20bbl fv, and 1x10 bbl brite. With bar and walk-in we can fit about 60 people in the tasting room. Have since expanded to create more tap room space, but that size is definitely doable.

Comment

Originally posted by FourSonsBrewing View Post
      You can definitely make that size work. We started with a 2,600 sq ft unit with a 10bbl system. 4x10bbl fv, 2x20bbl fv, and 1x10 bbl brite. With bar and walk-in we can fit about 60 people in the tasting room. Have since expanded to create more tap room space, but that size is definitely doable.
      Oh nice. This is really good to know. Thank you very much for the info. May I ask what size foot print you have for the production area? How big is your walk in cooler?
      Last edited by MainstreamBrew; 10-02-2017, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Specific Mechanical

Contact Spesific.
        They fabricated a system we put into a 600/ft space
        All stacked Serving tanks. 1200bbl a year. Capacity.
        Also Portland Kettle Works.
        Just make sure all utilities and grain storage is on the perimeter.
        Good luck
        Lance

Comment

If you use a glycol system on your tanks and skip the cold room for them, you will save some space too.

Comment

I have a brewpub with restaurant and 7bbl brewery that has ~60-70 seats, all in 3200sf with an additional storage/office mezzanine of roughly 240sf. Mill and grain stored in the mezzanine. Glycol chiller on the roof. The brewery is ~425sf and houses a 7bbl Premier brewhouse mash/lauter combi, platform, and kettle. No HLT (on demand h20 heaters instead for this). I have four 7bbl and two 15bbl FVs, a small table, and sink. The adjacent cooler is 8'x24' and has six 7bbl serving tanks. I can probably put out ~1100 bbl's.
            Dave Cowie
            Three Forks Bakery & Brewing Company
            Nevada City, CA

Comment

Originally posted by MainstreamBrew View Post
              Oh nice. This is really good to know. Thank you very much for the info. May I ask what size foot print you have for the production area? How big is your walk in cooler?
              Walk-in is 10x20, brewing area is 15x45

Comment

Do you have a decent layout? No basement?
                Time to get out the graph paper and cutouts

Comment

Working...
                X