Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C02 to carb stone hose size?

What Id hose size is everyone using for co2 to carb stone? Thanks --

5/16 ID gas hose (make sure its specifically gas hose). then youll probly have 1/4 NPT fittings to connect it if youre going to use a ball valve

Comment

Thanks, was gonna go with ball valve, check valve, and quick connects. Thanks

Comment

Also, would braided vinyl hose work for this ?

Comment

maybe, i wouldnt risk it personally. you can get 100 ft spool of gas hose from micromatic website for $65

Comment

Originally posted by Beardown View Post
            Also, would braided vinyl hose work for this ?
            Yes it will work as long as you respect the pressure limits. I tend to prefer it in some locations due to the pliability of the hose.

Red gas line from micromatic is vinyl anyhow. And its not braided.

Comment

I've found far too much variablility in quality of braided vinyl to trust it for much of anything. I've had it balloon under city water pressure on cold water lines.

We use 1/4" ID PE lines for our drops from the secondary reg to the stone. The flow of CO2 to the stone is low, so the 1/4" is fine with lines up to 20' long. We use push-fit fittings at the reg and QD, as the check valve of the stone will eventually fail, leaving beer in the line, which is then replaced. Another advantage to the PE line--it's cheap, and recyclable.
              Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
              Terminal Gravity Brewing,
              Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by TGTimm View Post
                [...]
                Another advantage to the PE line--it's cheap, and recyclable.
                Sorry for the random off-topic question, but: Everywhere I go in Eastern Washington, there never seem to be recycling programs, even for things that are easily recyclable. Does Enterprise, Oregon have a municipal recycling program? And, is Oregon different from WA in a regulatory way?

Regards,
                Mike Sharp

Comment

We have a rudimentary recycling program, state-funded and mandated. Due to our remote location, much of the "recyclables" still go to the dump, depending on prices. Colored glass never leaves the county.

A local has been collecting and selling PE materials, which abound in an agricultural area: bailing twine, grain sacks, supersacks, and our PE tubing. She stops by about twice a year. I think her beat is all of eastern Oregon.

Of course, Oregon has more progressive recycling laws than Washington. We invented the bottle bill. Where WA has roadsigns warning that "Littering Will Hurt", OR simply doesn't have many cans or bottles by the roadside. Unfortunately, OR has fallen behind lately when it comes to things like recycling--likely because only a small fraction of the state is now composed of Oregonians.
                  Last edited by TGTimm; 10-19-2017, 10:59 AM.
                  Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
                  Terminal Gravity Brewing,
                  Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
                  X