Yeast mix up... us-05 / wb-06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeast mix up... us-05 / wb-06

I posted a question regarding a stuff up I made with fermentis dried yeast at http://discussions.probrewer.com/sho...what-to-expect but it may better sit in here ? Apologies for cross posting and appreciate any comments

David

I agree with Barleyfreak that one strain will dominate eventually. They are both generally quick and aggressive starters however the 06 has a very distinct flavor profile and you are most likely to experience at least some of those characteristics. The temp you ferment at could have a large impact as well. If you were to ferment as cool as possible, you may be able to suppress some of the esters produced. You may still get the phenols however. I do not think you have much chance of making your “normal” beer after this mistake. Key lesson being - always always check your yeast prior to pitching! There is not much you can do once that happens.

Please let us know what you experience, I am curious myself. It may come out to be a very interesting beer. You never know! Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X