Power draw and wire gauge for 3 phase 14kw elements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power draw and wire gauge for 3 phase 14kw elements

I recently bought 3 3 phase 14kw 208-230vt elements from glacier tanks to go into a boil kettle. The elements didn’t come with any schematics or info. I know there are people here who use these elements and I need to know what the power draw these elements have, and what is the recommended wire gauge for these elements?

Call an electrician for the best answers with your local codes. You need to convert your watts and volts to amps to figure this out. Without knowing a ton about these coils, 14kW @ 208v 3 phase is roughly 40A which would need a set of three 8 AWG wires to carry this load. You need to talk to a local electrician, they will know your codes and will be able to give you the advice you need to pass an inspection.

Comment

You will also need a metered breaker/distribution panel that protects the wiring to your sub panel and a breaker, sized correctly; which protects your control panel and elements. As stated above, a licensed, bonded commercial electrician is your best bet.

Comment

Electric Elements

Hello,
        Glacier Tanks strongly recommends having these installed by a local professional and above all else make sure local codes and regulations are followed. We do not provide installation instructions with these elements to avoid issues with liability, however a licensed electrician should be able to properly install them, if they have any issues feel free to have your installer contact us with any questions they have.

Cheers!
        -GT

Comment

Working...
        X