Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experienced brewer available in Jacksonville, Fl., area.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experienced brewer available in Jacksonville, Fl., area.

I’ve recently relocated from the UK to Jacksonville, Florida with my wife’s job. I have an M.Sc in Brewing and Distilling from the prestigious brewing school at Heriot Watt University in Edinburgh, Scotland. Most recently I worked at Meantime Brewing Company in London.

There I was responsible for all aspects of cellaring, fermentation, filtration & wort production.

I am comfortable with automated and manual brewing, transfers, centrifuges, monitoring of fermentation, yeast management and pitching, CIP (both automated & manual), duotank use, DE/powder and Suprapak filtration, management of carbonation and dissolved oxygen levels, nitrogen use, haze testing, pH and gravity testing, and the odd bit of engineering as necessary.

Meantime have 2 brewkits - a 100hl (90 US bbl) semi-automated Rolec system that can run 8 simple brews every 24 hours. I'm also experienced at brewing on Meantime’s 12.5hl (10bbl) manual pilot brewery, designing my own recipes to hit ABV, IBU and EBC targets, and calculating mineral additions to water.

I hold a UK forklift licence. I am available for work or consultancy immediately.

Please let me know if my experience is of interest and I can forward my CV.

Thanks
    Matt
Working...
X