Cask Sams issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cask Sams issue

I am having issues with our canning line dropping the heads but not purging or filling. Also the PLC is flashing 01, I'm not sure if this is normal or an error code. (The people before us left with the manual so I don't have one to reference). All my sensors seem to be working I am getting the lights I should be. Although it acts like it is stuck in some sort of mid cycle. It shouldn't come down unless it counts the 3 cans first, Correct? this happened at the end of the day on Sunday and I came in Monday morning and worked like normal. We started canning today and got about 5 cases in and it stopped again. Cask seems to take their sweet time getting back to me. I needed parts last week ( an O ring ) and it took them 4 days to get a call back from them after leaving several messages.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    John

I can almost guarantee a lose connection. We have had MANY of these. Cross check all connecttions. You did say all your sensors are working. Ill take it then that the proximity sensor counting the cans are working properly?

Comment

Ok, Cask emailed me back asking for a video of the sensor lights and the PLC. I noticed a tiny bit of foam that was grounding the fill sensor to the fill tube on #3. It was at the very top at the lock nut for the sensor. I sprayed it off with sani and it worked like normal. So I tested that theory and grounded the post to the fill tube through the cycle and it acted the exact same way. As soon as I pulled the screwdriver from the circuit it started filling all tubes. I am frustrated that I missed that little detail and it cost me a day and a half of canning. But I will chalk that up to more experience and I am sure I will catch that in the future much quicker lol.

Thank you you for your response

John

Comment

Glad you got it sorted. I do have some advise for you and this is not related to Cask, Wildgoose or the other manufacturers out there. You are, sort of, on your own with your machine. When the manufacturer is in another country it can take a minimum of 24 hours to get back to you. It can take months worth of brakedowns to get to know your machine. Troubleshoot everything possible. During downtime, pull things apart and put it back together. Find solutions to possible problems before they happen.

Good luck mate!

Comment

I have a question, did CASK come out for the initial run of your line? We just bought a used SAMS and we are having them come out because they said they would not provide support if we don't have them there we it comes online. Just trying to plan accordingly if that's the kind of response we'll get when we have issues. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X