RO Cold Liquor Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RO Cold Liquor Tank

Those of you using cold liquor tanks to store RO water, what kind of precautions do you take to make sure the water doesn't become contaminated? I'd like to use an RO system to automatically fill a cold liquor tank, that way I can use the heat exchange water to brew the next batch of beer.

Bump.

I want to brew with RO water, but to cut down on waste water, I'd like to use RO water as heat exchange water and recollect into HLT. As far as I can tell, this pretty much dictates having a cold liquor tank storing RO water. Is bacterial a growth a concern, or is it largely mitigated by keeping the water refrigerated? Any/all feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Answered.

Just got off the phone with craftbrewwater.com. In case anybody else reading this is curious, bacteria is generally not a concern if the water will be used in a week or so. The water is bacteria free as it enters the cold liquor tank, and there is little potential for growth. That said, the water tank needs to be opaque to prevent light, otherwise there may be some algae growth.

Comment

Working...
      X