Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecolab chemical protocols

Howdy all,
    I just got a sampling of cleaning chemicals from Ecolab: Avoid II, Stabicip Oxi, HD Acid PL-10, and Mandate Plus.
    Does anyone have useage experience with these four in the brewery? The protocols that came with them are not the best.

Prost!
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

I can only answer for two of these.

We used to use Mandate in road tanker CIP sets, because of slow growth of bugs in the detergent when a straightforward detergent only was used. So we used Mandate in the detergent set, which, because it contains a sanitiser, kept the bugs down in the reclaim dilute detergent. We then used to sue PAA as a final non rinse sanitiser. So if you are using single shot detergent, I suggest that the extra expense of Mandate over simple detergent is not going to be worth it. We used to drop the bulk dilute tanks periodically (I think it was monthly, but am not certain of this protocol, as I was on projects at the time). There used to be a turnover of detergent, mainly because tanker scavenging was so useless at that particular site due to the tanker bay design, so if your turnover is minimal, then you may need to either increase the turnover slightly, or increase the tank drop and recharge frequency.

StabiCIP oxy was used for cleaning the wort kettle internal calandria (external at other sites) with single shot dosing just prior to the detergent entering the kettle sprayheads. This helped improve the cleaning quite considerably. We also used to use it for cleaning hop oil dosing equipment - the only CIP material thing that really worked.
    dick

Comment

Thank you Dick. I'm still testing out these chems and their effectiveness. So far, they seem to be on par with my 5 Star chemical results.

Prost!
      Dave
      Glacier Brewing Company
      406-883-2595
      info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Working...
      X