3BBL ThirdWorld Brewpub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3BBL ThirdWorld Brewpub

Currently I have a 1BBL system setup and operating in Honduras. Am now in the process of looking to expand in 2018 to a new location with a 3BBL system (currently have a few quotes from brewhouse providers) in a historic downtown location.

I'm estimating about 860sq ft for the brewhouse itself, about 860 sq ft for fermenter/brite/storage. Adding to this another 1,700 sq ft for bar/small kitchen/seating. Probably will also have some outdoor seating as well, but that depends on the park allowing for it.

Should be a 2 vessel brewhouse, HLT, 4 3BBL FV, 2 3BBL Brite, 1 glycol system, incoming water treatment, grain storage, etc.
    Idea is brewing 4 days, and eventually scaling up to double brews and after we get a few 7BBL FV.

Is the size adequate or over/under?

We ran a 3bbl in a little under 1500sqft. Brewhouse, 1-3bbl fv, 3-7bbl fv and 2-10bblfv with the glycol chiller inside. We had a little space for grain storage, a bathroom and a small growler fill station with a 8x16 cooler. It was doable, but just check if square footage is cheaper than delivery. Up here in Canada freight often ran 1/4 of the price of whatever we are bringing in , so we would try to get multiple pallets to optimize shipping and things would get hairy quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dmartin View Post
      We ran a 3bbl in a little under 1500sqft. Brewhouse, 1-3bbl fv, 3-7bbl fv and 2-10bblfv with the glycol chiller inside. We had a little space for grain storage, a bathroom and a small growler fill station with a 8x16 cooler. It was doable, but just check if square footage is cheaper than delivery. Up here in Canada freight often ran 1/4 of the price of whatever we are bringing in , so we would try to get multiple pallets to optimize shipping and things would get hairy quick
      We need to bring in about 3-4months worth of supply each time cause it takes about 2 months to get anything delivered.
      I'm assuming 10.8sqft per fermenter/brite/glycol and about 48.5sqft for the brewhouse (not including a HLT).

Comment

I would for sure look for off site storage then for grain at the very least. We typically did 2-3 pallets of grain a month, so having 12 pallets of grain in storage will for sure be in the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X