Clogged Carb Stone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clogged Carb Stone

I am currently dealing with a super clogged O2 stone. This is a stone that never get handled or moved so I don't think it's from clogged pores from skin oils. I have the stone set up in a sight glass hooked to my HX.
    After brewday I run a backwards rinse and then a full backwards CIP loop with Birko Cellrmastr. I close up the valves on the whole HX assembly and leave it packed with solution until needed.

I took the stone out and it was indeed completely clogged.

Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing this, cheers

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Soak it overnight in your acid rinse chemical (we use AC-Special a blend of Nitric and Phosphoric) diluted 50%.

Then drive CO2 through it at 30 psi.

When we do Heat Exchanger CIP we leave the ball valve open on our O2 stone so that our caustic cleaning solution has a chance to penetrate the stone.
    Same with rinse water. Then we drive CO2 through it to clear it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Baldrick View Post
      Soak it overnight in your acid rinse chemical (we use AC-Special a blend of Nitric and Phosphoric) diluted 50%.

Then drive CO2 through it at 30 psi.

When we do Heat Exchanger CIP we leave the ball valve open on our O2 stone so that our caustic cleaning solution has a chance to penetrate the stone.
      Same with rinse water. Then we drive CO2 through it to clear it out.
      Sweet, thanks man. I soaked it last night and I'll check it this morning.

Comment

Tell us of your result!

Comment

Originally posted by Baldrick View Post
          Tell us of your result!
          So overnight soak in Birko UltraNiter Acid with X-Puma additive.
          Worked awesome, not completely even uniform bubbles over the whole stone but very good.

Comment

Nice recovery!

It's important to run cleaner through your stones on a regular basis (carb stones especially because they tend to accumulate beerstone in the pores) followed by clear water under pressure. This keeps the pores open.

Comment

Working...
            X