Basics for solenoid/temp control interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basics for solenoid/temp control interface

Trying to find a simple, cost effective plan for each glycol solenoid valve and temp controller on my tanks, and the way they talk to each other, and how they are powered. I know there are a lot of posts here about that, but I'm trying to nail down exactly which parts, and how they interface. Seems like a Johnson controls A419 or the (A421ABC-02C as they now call it), plugged in to 120AC, using a 120AC SS solenoid wired to the controller for power and activation signal (or will solenoid have independent power?) and the supplied Johnson sensor stuck into the tank thermowell with a dab of thermal paste on the end. Am I on the right track? Does the Johnson only work with 120V solenoids, or will it also work with 24VDC solenoids powered from a transformer?

Thanks!

That's the simplest. Stick with 120v solenoids. I've had good service and luck with these guys

mtn

Comment

Go Low Voltage

First, I have also had great luck with Valves4Projects on ebay.

I would strongly suggest you NOT use 120v solonoids. At that voltage, you will be required to run all your electrical water tight and be inspected. If you step down to 24volt AC, you do not. The cost of a few transformers will more than be made up by not having to run all that water tight conduit and have everything UL Listed. FYI The Valves4Projects valves are NOT UL listed. Also, just from a safety standpoint, the lower voltage is MUCH safer to operate. My 2cents

Comment

Working...
      X