Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very Experienced Lead Brewer Looking for a New Opportunity (Willing to Relocate)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Experienced Lead Brewer Looking for a New Opportunity (Willing to Relocate)

Hello, my name is Peter Calomiris. I recently left my Lead Brewer position at Wicked Weed Brewing Co. (Asheville, NC) in order to obtain a position with a reputable brewery in a new and exciting location. I have brewed pretty much every clean, wild and sour beer style under the sun, including traditional spontaneous lambic methods or Methode Gueze. Quality, consistency and cleanliness are the three most important aspects of brewing in my personal opinion and I am extremely confident that I can deliver those to any brewery in the industry. I am open to relocating to any location as the position and the brewery are what I am most concerned about. I have attached my resume for anyone who is interested in learning more about my experience and knowledge. Please feel free to contact me at anytime either by phone or by email pcalomiris@gmail.com. Thanks and have a great rest of your day.

Cheers!

PETER CALOMIRIS
    Cell: (727) 687-8049
    pcalomiris@gmail.com

Professional Summary

• 4 years of experience brewing in a large scale production facility.
    • 2 years of experience managing and driving sales for a reputable craft beer retailer.
    • 4 years of conducting special events, such as tastings, festivals, bottle releases, and collaborative brews.
    • In-depth knowledge of the 3-tier supply chain, as seen from a retailer and supplier standpoint.
    • Certified Beer Server with a strong knowledge of foreign and domestic beer styles, including their respected brewing processes.
    • Managed social media and website maintenance to drive consumer awareness of new products and events.

Work History

Wicked Weed Brewing Company- Asheville, NC
    Lead Sour Production Brewer, July 2016 to September 2017[/B][/B][/B]

• Managing a 30 Bbl ABS (Raleigh, NC) 2 vessel (Mash/Lauter combo) brewhouse including primary cellar capable of producing 9,000 Bbls of sour and farmhouse beers each year.
    • Maintain grain, hop and fruit inventory.
    • One of two people capable of brewing spontaneous batches into our coolship using traditional Lambic standards.
    • Training of all brewers and cellarmen on the 30 Bbl brewhouse as well as the cellar.
    • Assists in recipe formulation and creativity.
    • Secondary cellar experience: Foedre and barrel prep (as well as recouping), racking and inoculating batches, pre- and post-barrel fruiting, barrel in and out.
    • Assists in the final blending of 30, 60 and 120 Bbl batches.
    • Carbonate and condition final blends in bright tanks before packaging.

Wicked Weed Brewing Company- Asheville, NC
    Pub Brewer, February 2016 to July 2016

• Brewed and preserved brand integrity of high-quality craft beer produced on 15 Bbl Specific Mechanical Systems (Victoria, BC) Brewhouse capable of producing 6,300 Bbls per year (11 batches a week).
    • Brewed various American, English, German and Belgian styles (including open fermentation vessels).
    • Secondary cellar experience: dry hopping, post fermentation fruiting or spice tincture additions, gravity and pH monitoring. Performed batch racks, conditioning, and carb into serving tanks.
    • Kegged batches remaining in serving tanks longer than 2 weeks for tapping on sanke taps.
    • Cleaned and repaired draft lines weekly.

Quest Brewing Company- Greenville, SC
    Production Brewer/ Cellerman, August 2013 to October 2015

• Brewed and preserved brand integrity of high-quality craft beer produced on a 25 BBL system.
    • Preformed multiple collaborative brews with Terrapin Brewing Co. (GA), Burial Brewing Co. (NC), Trophy Brewing Co. (NC), Thomas Creek Brewing Co. (SC) and Fire Forge Brewing Co.
    (SC).
    • Managed product inventory and constructed purchase orders for various distributors across both North Carolina and South Carolina territories.
    • Manage all aspects of cellar work, including yeast collection from fermenters, gravity readings, use of Zahm Volume Reader, dry hopping, CIP/Passivate fermenters, cask production, barrel production, diatomaceous earth filter use.
    • Conducted both on and off-premise special events in order to boost brand awareness and sales (i.e. beer festivals, bottle releases, retail and restaurant tastings, brew house facility tours, etc.).

The Community Tap- Greenville, SC
    Head Manager/ Craft Beer Expert, April 2012-January 2014

• Responsible for maintaining the standards of the beer and wine department by actively upholding proper pricing, stocking, and visual display protocol.
    • Managed social media and website maintenance to drive consumer awareness of new products and events.
    • Prepared and presented beer tastings and festivals with respected breweries (such as Founders Brewing Co., Bell’s Brewing Co., New Belgium Brewing Co., etc.) to promote additional sales growth and client base knowledge.
    • Managed product inventory and executed weekly ordering through various distributors.
    • Excellent cash handling skills and able to process a high volume of customer transactions in an efficient and friendly manner.
    • Conducted line-cleaning regiments for a 12-tap draft system to ensure product safety and quality control.
    • Developed excellent and expansive product knowledge and assisted customers with product inquiries and recommendations.
    • Assisted in the training of new employees.

Education

Furman University- Greenville, SC
    Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences, 2011

• Beta Beta Beta Biological Honors Society
    • Conducted marine and freshwater research programs domestically and internationally (Belize and Guatemala).

Specialized Skills

• Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.), JMP 8 Statistical Analysis software (ANOVA, post hoc tests, T test and goodness of fit), Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Photoshop, Google Earth.
    • Certifications: Certified Beer Server (Cicerone Certification Program, License no. 242535).
    • Languages : Spanish (intermediate).

References

• Eric Leypoldt- Head of Brewing Operations for Wicked Weed Brewing Co.
    o (484) 678-9424
    o Eric@wickedweedbrewing.com
    • Walt Dickinson- Head Blender and Founder of Wicked Weed Brewing Co.
    o (828) 231-8444
    o Walt@wickedweedbrewing.com
    • Travis Tolson- Owner of Amor Artis Brewing Co./ Former Head Brewer of Wicked Weed Brewpub
    o (813) 545-3249
    • Andrew Zinn- Head of Sour Production for Wicked Weed Brewing Co.
    o (616) 990-1984
    o Andrew@wickedweedbrewing.com
    • Robert Lemery- Head Brewer of Wicked Weed Brewpub
    o (551) 427-6567
    • Don Richardson- Owner/ Head Brewer of Quest Brewing Co.
    o (864) 382-0482
    o Don@questbrewing.com

Head brewer position

Hi Peter,
    We are Riptide Brewing Company located in Naples, Florida. You can check us out on Facebook and website www.riptidebrewingcompany.com. We have been open for 2 years. We have a 10 BBl direct fired brew house. We do some distribution but most of our beer is consumed on premise. Our current Head brewer is heading across the state for another opportunity but will be here to help bring the new brewer up to speed. We are pretty laid back but as you know there is always plenty to do. The brewer is responsible for the whole show, from ordering grain to finished product. We do have some core beers, which require frequent brewing but there is still space to get creative and try new beers. We offer a competitive salary and we are slowly growing distribution. We are looking to get someone on board quickly. You can email me at scott@riptidebrewingcompany.com. Let me know if you have any more questions.
    Cheers!
    Scott

Comment

New Realm Brewing

Hi Peter, I just sent you an email. Please feel free to reach out. Thanks, Mitch 951-719-4172

Comment

Head Brewer opportunity

Hello

I just sent you an email detailing our company in Rocklin California. Would love to speak at your convienance.

Cheers

Anthony Brown
        Out of Bounds Brewing Co.
        Rocklin, CA

Comment

Working...
        X