Something to consider when sourcing equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something to consider when sourcing equipment

Service after the sale. We just discovered a small weld defect inside one of our sample valves. The FV it came off of has been in use about a year. I sent a picture to the vendor and they are sent a replacement the same day. No questions no hassle no charge.
    Thank you Rich and the team at Stout Tanks for great service.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Prost!
    Eric Brandjes
    Cole Street Brewery
    Enumclaw, WA

As the guy in charge of maintaining all the equipment in a regional brewery, I can't second this strongly enough.

The absolute best thing you can do before buying is to get in touch with someone using the equipment you're sourcing, preferably someone that has had it in use for several years. This will allow you to get some input on the general experience of using the equipment, and the customer support after purchase--and make sure you're buying something that has been field-tested. We've been "early adopters" of several pieces of kit, and have almost universally regretted it. We've had excellent support experiences, and miserable ones. One importer started charging to talk to a tech after we had purchased the equipment--a considerable investment.
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
    X