Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitro in carbonation

Hi all,

any use in trying to add some nitro to the party when bulk carbing beer in a BBT?
    Considering using pure No2 for a portion of the carbonation.

anyone have experience in this or is it pointless? if it's not pointless? some pointers/guidelines would be appreciated!
    -e

so far

So what i've done is take my carbonation up to 70% of where I wanted it to be (0,4bar at 4,1*C) and then pushed pure No2 up to 2 bar, rested there for a few hours and then slowly bled off until I got to 0,6 bar.
    Has the right effect straight from the tank.
    will report back on effect in package in case anyone is interested.

Comment

I’m interested.

I’m completely confused by this whole “nitro-carbing”, which really, if possible, is just “nitro-ing”.

It’s my understanding that nitrogen absorption/dissolving into water is almost nil, so when people talk about having n2 in their beer....????

Any beer nerds with chemistry degrees around these parts??

JR
      Jeremy Reed
      Co-Founder and President, assistant brewer, amateur electrician, plumber, welder, refrigeration tech, and intermediately swell fella
      The North of 48 Brewing Company
      Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

www.no48.ca

Comment

NitroBrew has these inline infusion modules that make it a lot easier to serve Nitro-beers. Keg the beer you want on nitro before force carbonation and simply connect the system inline with your tap. More information here; https://nitrobrew.com/product/nitrob...fusion-module/
        Mechanical Engineer, QuantiPerm
        www.quantiperm.com

Comment

Working...
        X