Taproom Membership Idea/Best Practices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taproom Membership Idea/Best Practices

Looking for ideas other than Mug Clubs for annual membership. Has anyone offer other perks or discounts? I don't like the idea of storing and managing 100s of mugs.

I appreciate any thoughts or ideas.

Cheers,

Tom

Do you guys package? I know of several places where your membership is the cost of 8-12 limited-release bombers or 750's, plus first crack at buying more, first crack at admission to special events at the brewery, and a nominal discount (5%-10%) at the taproom. A nifty membership card doesn't hurt, either. Of course, you need a pipeline of a few different big, fancy beers, plus the ability to get them into bottles, probably not worth the trouble if you're not going down that road already anyway.

Comment

My team has been building out a tiered system for loyalty programs, due to health dept. prohibiting "outside" glassware to be used on premise (i.e. storing mugs for a mug club) which eliminates a traditional "mug club". Different membership fees good for 1 yr. based on the tier you purchase. All renewable except for the Top tier, which has limited spots and rotates each year to allow for a "waitlist" to form. Some may not make it back the following year for the top tier and would have to put their name on the waitlist until the next time it is available. Exclusivity is the key with the final tier.

1st level gets a 5% discount on all beers that are "mugable" (barrel aged and sours, high ABV do not apply)
      2nd level gets 5% discount on all mugable beers, 5% discount on growler fills
      3rd gets you all of the above plus the ability to buy a growler of specialty or one off's including sours and barrel aged.
      4th gets all of the above, but comes with First dibs on limited releases, special events and exclusively invited to the end of year "Harvest Dinner" where
      special beer is produced and paired with a killer chef and his specialties. Just some of our ideas, but their are way more out there being used right now.

-JG
      Owner DVB
      Head Brewer @Jupiter

Comment

We use a 20 Oz mug with a logo on it that says mugclub member on it for mugclub members and charge the same price as our pint. Non mugclub see others drinking from the mug and ask how they get that mug. We are space limited so for mugs so this worked out great. Only have to have 20 or so mugs out at a time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
        Jon Sheldon
        Owner/Brewer/Chief Floor Mopper
        Bugnutty Brewing Company
        www.bugnutty.com

Comment

I built a brewery that did a VERY popular club. "VIPER" (very important patron, enthusiast, and recruiter). It is a 99 year membership. You get a stein that you can bring in to drink from, a free growler a month, first beer free every time in, entry into member only stuff. When a new beer releases they may have a section roped off for members only for the first 3 hours and it is free, things like that. You also get some swag at time of signup. It comes with a very cool metal relief cut business card that is your membership card with an individual number on it. Just a few ideas there.

Comment

Working...
          X