New taps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New taps

Designing our draught system and just wondering what brand taps everyone is using? I am leaning towards the perlick design right now, but curious about intertap and whether flow control is worth the extra money, thanks...
    Jeff

I replaced the stock taps on our 10 tap manifold as soon as I bought it and replaced with them perlick. They work flawlessly. I did briefly experiment with the flow control perlick for growler filling. Decided it just wasn't worth it. I fill growlers with a tube and the perlick fitting. Works pretty well.
    Dave Cowie
    Three Forks Bakery & Brewing Company
    Nevada City, CA

Comment

Originally posted by Northernbrews View Post
      Designing our draught system and just wondering what brand taps everyone is using? I am leaning towards the perlick design right now, but curious about intertap and whether flow control is worth the extra money, thanks...
      Jeff
      We've got long draws (100 feet or more) and the flow control faucets are indispensable. Probably not worth it on short draws but we also put them on our jockey boxes to combat some of the issues that can come up out in the field.

Comment

taps

Intertaps are essentially the same as perlick and half the cost. They also have the removable threaded tip ends for installing growler filler tubes or stout

Comment

Draft System

Besides being a brewer, I own a draft system design/ installation company. I strongly recommend Micro Matic. I interact with a lot of equipment in the field and Micro Matic is what I have chose to offer based on quality. As far as faucets, their 304's are amazing for the price.

Comment

I'll second the recommendation for MicroMatic. I've installed three MM systems in the last couple of years and their quality is excellent. The 304 stainless faucets should last forever.

Whatever brand/style you go with, I can't too strongly recommend stainless steel for all faucet parts. Once the chrome plating starts to degrade on the inside of a plated brass faucet, you will start experiencing mysterious, intermittent and seemingly incurable foaming problems. Under a regular cleaning regime, expect a plated brass faucet to last for 2-5 years. Same goes for stems--SS is the way to go.

As for adjustable restriction faucets, I don't see the need unless serving products of widely varying levels of carbonation. I balance my systems, and use beer pumps for runs of any significant length.
            Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
            Terminal Gravity Brewing,
            Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Thanks for your input guys.

Comment

Working...
              X