Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change in flavour?

Hi all,

I'm brewing the same IPA recipe for 4 years now. But since my last 2 batches there is a change in flavour.
    The only thing that i have changed is a solenoid valve in the brewing system. But it's just valve made of nylon. Do you think the new valve can change the flavour of the beer?
    The valve is replaced is this one: https://tameson.co.uk/solenoid-valve...10bar-nbr.html

Do you think that i also should contact my hop supplier maybe he changed deliverd hop from an other farm or something?

Thank you in advance

Yeas, it can, depending on the quality of the nylon. You should have got the EPDM or Viton version. My immediate reaction is that if that is the only thing you have changed, and you noticed the flavour change immediately afterwards that is the likely culprit. For that price strip it out, throw it away and replace with a Viton unit. EPDM is OK, but for my money spend any small extra on Viton
    dick

Comment

I contacted my supplier and they also told me that i had used a solenoid valve with the wrong rubber for alcohol. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X