3" Butterfly Valve Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3" Butterfly Valve Seat

I'm trying to find a replacement valve seat on a 3" pneumatic butterfly valve. GW Kent and Brewery Gaskets don't carry a valve seat with the same dimensions as my current one. Does anybody have any referrals for this kind of thing? As far as I can see there is no info to determine the manufacturer.

Butterfly valve seat

Send us a picture of the seat and the valve. We might be able to identify it for you.
    Your CPE Systems Team!
    CPE Systems Inc.
    800-668-2268
    CPEsystems.com
    Thinkpumps.com
    sales@cpesystems.com

Comment

I would reach out to Brewerygaskets. Chances are they'll have the valve seat you need in stock, if not they can custom make a new one for you based on the dimensions you have.
      Manuel

Comment

I'm intrigued. What on earth are you using a 3 inch valve for? 3 inch pipework takes a flow of >225 hl / hr to clean it.
        dick

Comment

Originally posted by dick murton View Post
          I'm intrigued. What on earth are you using a 3 inch valve for? 3 inch pipework takes a flow of >225 hl / hr to clean it.
          I’ve seen these pneumatics at 3” on mash mixer discharge on the pipework to Lauter. I’ve also seen some on the grist case into hydrator, however those are usually manual and most people prefer the knife over the butterfly.

In any event, the gasket is likely the same as for a manual 3”. Usually the pneumatics are just fitted to a standard valve body. If your system came as one, your valves are probably all from the same company. If not, you may have a harder time finding the proper sized seat.

+1 for asking brewery gaskets or CPE. I’m sure one of the two can source or make you one with the proper dimensions out of the material needed.

Comment

Originally posted by dick murton View Post
            @UnFermentable is correct. The Brewhouse is a 25 year old German Brewhouse with 3 inch piping from Mash Mixer/Boil Kettle to Lauter tun.

I ordered the closest valve seat that brewery gaskets had to my measured dimensions, hopefully it'll work. I'll also try CPE.

Thanks guys. Ill update just for closure once all is said and done. Any other suggestions are also welcome.

Comment

Working...
            X