Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp Control for 2BBL Steam Heated Brewhouse - advise please -

Hello guys,

My name is Julio Diana, I have been reading a lot on this forum and finally the time to write my first post come, and like a newbie, it has to be a question.

I am about to receive my 2 BBL steam heated 2 vessel Brewhouse and I am struggling to find a way to control the temperature on my mash turn and kettle.

As I can see most of the guys that have steam heated vessels use a PLC controller to do everything on brewhouse, control pumps, valves, levels and temperature. On another side, the electric brewhouses uses normally a PID controllers that switch on/off the electric elements.

PID controller since to have a good cost/effective over the PLC`s and I am looking a inexpensive way to control the temperature on my two vessels.

Can anyone help me on this setup or can share what you have been using to control the temperature on steam heated brewhouse?

I dont need to control pumps, levels, etc, just temperature.

I have a 35kg/h low pressure steam generator, and I am not sure if to control the temperature I have to turn off the boiler or simply use a solenoid valve to stop steam going to the vessels.

Any help will be appreciate and if you have some schematic from a system like that will be high appreciate.

Regards

Julio Diana

for the kettle, you can use a globe or gate valve to control the rate that steam enters the jacket to control the rate of boil.

you could use a stand alone temperature controller and a steam rated solenoid valve to control your mash mixer temperature. you could also do it manually to start off.

Get a contractor that knows about steam to help set up your system. don't forget air vents and vacuum breakers for each jacket. Get a hold of Spirax Saarco's "hook up manual" for good practical advice to setting it up.

Comment

Thank you beerme, you give me a good start point.

I have downloaded the Saarco`s manual and there is plenty information there, I will try to put things together here.

Regards

Comment

Working...
      X