Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Flaked Adjuncts in 50BBL Batches

Hello.

Curious about techniques for brewing large-volume batches (50bbl +) using high-adjunct grists. I frequently have a grist composition of 20%- 40% flaked adjuncts which works fine when used with rice hulls in a 7-15bbl volume. I'm stepping up to a 50bbl system and a curious about what others have done to scale that up, if rice hulls alone do the trick to prevent sticking, etc. I've also considered malted grains, and I do use them frequently as well. I'm asking more in the event of those malted options not being available, or other circumstances which would demand using flaked adjuncts.

I've heard of a few enzymatic products that can help (MaxFlow specifically). Do these impact the viscosity of the final liquid? Part of using a high adjunct grist is to retain viscosity, and I'm hesitant to use enzymes that may impact that.

I should also note that these high-adjunct grists usually mash very high...154 F-156 F. I've considered mashing lower and using a lower-attenuating yeast, but it does not come out the same.

Any advice is much appreciated.
Working...
X