Breweries Impact to neighboring property value & business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breweries Impact to neighboring property value & business

Hello. We are in the process of Rezoning our location in order to start up a brewery. I have to go in from of the planning board and present the benefit of rezoning. I'd like to grab some stats on the impact that breweries have on neighboring property value and business but I am not having any luck with getting good info with google searches. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Alston
    Last edited by MatthewsBrew_; 01-03-2018, 10:36 AM.

doubtful you'll find any. if you plan on having a tap room then you can try and frame it as a gentrification example. bars/clubs/restaurants moving into derelict/industrial areas and upping the property values.

but before you do that, id try and find some folks with knowledge of the local planning scene and the folks on the board/commission. some might be amenable to the idea of development in the area. others might not want to see a loss of industrial base or some other concern.

get the pulse of the folks you're presenting to, and present accordingly.

Comment

Too many variables here. I'm sure that Coors or InBev opening a brewery in the 'hood would have profound economic impact, but that guy with the nano in the storage unit down the street--Not so much.

As the medicine man wrote, get to know someone with experience in your 'hood. Someone on the zoning committee, and someone who's recently been through the mill.
      Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
      Terminal Gravity Brewing,
      Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

The Brewer's Association has a lot of Data and Stats available to members. I know I saw some economic impact info there before. You might consider joining the BA as a Brewery in Planning and see what all they offer. I have had some of there staff reach out to me before and they were always enthusiastic to help....

Comment

Originally posted by Springhill View Post
          The Brewer's Association has a lot of Data and Stats available to members. I know I saw some economic impact info there before. You might consider joining the BA as a Brewery in Planning and see what all they offer. I have had some of there staff reach out to me before and they were always enthusiastic to help....
          Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. I just joined this morning and have found some great information. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
          X