Tunnel Pasteurizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tunnel Pasteurizers

I’m looking for a small footprint tunnel pasteurizer for pasteurizing in can. Any suggestions or recommendations on Manufacturers? Thanks! Jack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm happy to be corrected, but my suspicion is that there is no such thing as a really small tunnel pasteuriser. The reason is simply that you need a number of hot water tanks at different temperatures and for thermal efficiency the pre-heat and post pasteurisation stage tanks are pumped between each other. Thus they are complex beasts if they have any reasonable degree of PU control and thermal efficiency, so only make sense to incorporate this degree of pumping and control in large systems.

You don't say what throughput you are looking at, so simply saying small is effectively meaningless - what is small to one company is mega size to another.

Suggest trying KHS, Krones and Simonazzi/Sidel (their name has probably changed yet again), Vigo. I've worked with the first three, and they are all fine, but have never used Vigo so cannot comment on accuracy of control or thermal and water efficiency.
    dick

Comment

From my recent research what Dick says is correct. You will not find a small footprint tunnel pasteurizer. If you are desiring a low throughput, then you may consider a batch pasteurizer instead. If you need a higher throughput, then it seems the flash pasteurizer is the way to go. Here is another suggestion to piggyback Dicks.

www.Prowm.com - These guys were quick to respond and had detailed information.

Comment

They look really neat. I've not seen anything that small before that looks as if it might work.

Have you run a Redpost or similar through one to check for accuracy and consistency?
        dick

Comment

I have not used one of these, but I would be willing to bet they have data on a redpost type device. I was in long consideration of pasteurization due to the supply chain dynamics here, however I have decided to hold off on pasteurization altogether. We will be using non-sterile filtration (2-4 micron) and offering unpasteurized beer instead. We will be configuring our distribution method to help facilitate this. Basically the average US craft beer method.

If I decide to switch over to pasteurizing I will go with the Flash over the tunnel/batch type because of the inconsistencies that would occur between kegs and bottles. The tunnel dropped off my list quickly. I would be more inclined to get a centrifuge over a pasteurizer though. Not quite equal, but probably better for my situation.

Over here all commercial bottled product contains Glycerin for stability, but I can't stand it. I can taste it in everything and it just ruins whatever good quality that product may have had. DON'T USE GLYCERIN! PLEASE!

Comment

• AJ_Davis
            AJ_Davis commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi! I am trying to understand the pros and cons of all the varying microbial control tools available to brewers. I was wondering if you could share a bit more about why Tunnel dropped of your list? Particularly, the inconsistencies between kegs and bottles. Thanks!

Hi Everyone. I just wanted to chime in and let everyone know that there are the smallest footprint tunnel pasteurizers in the industry (for cans only, not glass) which are half the size and much lower cost than the tunnels from other manufacturers.

Jenrey Ltd. builds all their equipment in Canada and ranges in sizes from 20 cans per minute up to 250 cans per minute, with total footprints of the tunnel process areas being 10 feet long by 2 feet wide for the smallest units and 20 feet long by 4 feet wide for the biggest unit.

Please feel free to ask me any questions, I am here to help!
          These craft can tunnel pasteurizers are built specifically for the craft industry with the thought put into the cost and footprint needed in our industry without compromising quality and process as per the fundamentals of proper pasteurization.

Beverage Production & Packaging Solutions Our Sales, Service & Consulting team has over 60 years of experience in the beverage production and packaging industry, specializing in Kegging and Pasteurization. Beverage Production & Packaging Solutions Our Sales, Service & Consulting team has over 60 years of experience in the beverage production and packaging industry, specializing in
          Jenrey Ltd.
          Sales@jenrey.ca
          www.jenrey.ca

Comment

Working...
          X