Thread: 10 BBl Steam Brewhouse

10 BBl Steam Brewhouse

Hey Guys,

I have a new 10bbl Steam Powered Brewhouse going in and I still don't know what I should do for a steam generator. According to my manufacturer I need 120kg/hr evaporation rate to run my system (10bbl mash, 10bbl boil, 20bbl HLT).

Anyone have any brands/companies I should look into for a steam generator?

A couple things to note:
    Single Phase Power
    Need Propane Powered

Anyone in Washington State that has a 10bbl Steam Powered Unit that wouldn't mind letting me check out your steam generator so I can better understand what I need to get?

I'd recommend calling Jack Coe at Rite Boiler riteboiler.com they can set you up with a propane boiler using a single 1-phase, 120-volt circuit.

I've been eyeing their skid-mount option for our next install... the boiler, blow-down tank, return tank, and chemical injector all pre-plumbed you just put in in place, hook up water & power, then connect your steam header & condensate return.

Cool

Western Red in Poulsbo is steam powered, 15BBL. And they're pretty friendly with showing the brewhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
    I'd recommend calling Jack Coe at Rite Boiler riteboiler.com they can set you up with a propane boiler using a single 1-phase, 120-volt circuit.

I've been eyeing their skid-mount option for our next install... the boiler, blow-down tank, return tank, and chemical injector all pre-plumbed you just put in in place, hook up water & power, then connect your steam header & condensate return.
    Wow, great website to source information at the very least, I sent a request for a quote. I am sure they will get back to me Monday. Thanks for the source.

Quote Originally Posted by Wernerbrewer View Post
    Western Red in Poulsbo is steam powered, 15BBL. And they're pretty friendly with showing the brewhouse.
    I will have to go check them out, they are only a few hours away from me. thanks for the recommendation.

I've been in the boiler industry for 13+ years. Figure on 1 boiler HP per 1 BBL capacity. Some system manufacturers claim 3 HP per BBL, but that is way high.

If you would like a quote on a packaged system, feel free to PM me, I have worked with a number of breweries over the last 10 years. Depending on how far out your need is, we may be able to locate good used equipment. I also, on occasion, have breweries I originally outfitted with a smaller boiler who are upgrading.

I also have the good fortune of starting our own brewery this year in NE NM.
    Colin
    Blü Dragonfly Brewing
    Cimarron, NM