Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brite tank issue

Hey guys,

So I'm having an issue with a 40bbl brite i cant pinpoint. It is second in line on the glycol piping.
    its been working just fine up until about a month ago.
    its set to 33F but wont get down further than 36.
    The brite next to it hasn't an issue nor does any of the uni tanks down the line its just this one.
    my glycol is set to 27F and the brix is at 25.5
    any more info needed just ask and any help is greatly appreciated.
    Work is the curse of the drinking class

If it's getting cold but not cold enough, you may have a blockage somewhere in the piping. Does the tank have multiple cooling zones? We had a similar issue with one of our brite tanks about a year ago. We ended up hooking up compressed air to try to clear the piping, and a few PVC shavings came out. If you do this, make sure you don't exceed the pressure rating of the glycol piping, which is usually pretty low. If you don't have a filter on your glycol return, this could be the cuplrit. You could also have an air bubble somewhere in the glycol stream in the piping. If you can burp the glycol on the return side, run out glycol until it stops burping. Good luck!

Comment

We've seen a similar issue on lower abv beers. If the carb stone is running, no problems getting to 33, but if it is off, then the tank stabilizes at 35-36, I suspect that beer is freezing to the side walls and effectively insulating the tank.

Comment

Most likely an air bubble has formed in the jacket. I suggest putting a breather on the pipework to elevate this problem. Its just like a coolant system on a car, it needs "burped".

Comment

Working...
        X