Pros/cons NSI, Criveller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pros/cons NSI, Criveller

We are a new brewery and have narrowed our search down to two brewhouse suppliers NSI and Criveller.

15 BBL brewhouse

Is it worth the premium price for the NSI system? Any input helpful. Also is an auto water mixing station for mashing/sparge a feature worth paying for?

Thanks
    Last edited by Sonic; 01-29-2018, 06:35 PM.

I have been currently comparing quotes from NSI, Premier, Criveller, and DME for a 15bbl steam with automation. JVNW was the worst as I didn’t even get a single answer/number from them. Gave up after a week and quotes from the other four. I have used over seven different manufacturers brewhouses. Won (prominent) awards on four of them.

I found Criveller and Premier to be more responsive, and easier to deal with than the other two. Premier has the best price for equipment but my CEO has a hard-on for NSI. So I’ve had to go through at least 8-10 revisions on the quote to get options out of them. Basically I have to fight to make them match Premiers awesome price and CS. Criveller is in there too on the good end. NSI has repeatedly offered only the most expensive options, never offering up cheaper alternatives. Others have presented package options, add ons, etc. they have also answered my questions directly without evasion.

I have not seen the advantages to the NSI for the cost ratio. They have very nice systems, but for the price so do the other options. I firmly believe they will all make excellent beer if the brewer can utilize the brewery to its potential. They are all made of the same high quality materials as far as I am concerned. The devil is in the details. You have to decide what options/add ons are relevant for the price.

Mixing station is a great add on IMHO, but consider what you might give up somewhere else. DO meter/lab tools, automation, flow meters, kegs, etc? You can make your own mixing stations in some circumstances.

I would suggest beating down NSI if you have a preference for them. Get them to match or beat Criveller. I prefer the customer service and pricing of the Criveller myself, although it looks like I’ll end up NSI. If I wrote the check it would be to Premier.

Comment

Thanks UnFermentable

Comment

Working...
      X