Keg Washer design question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keg Washer design question

I'm looking to build a keg washer to clean up to three kegs at a time. I'm wondering though whether it's necessary to use CIP's to clean them, or if the cleaning solution can be pumped directly through the keg spear attached to the upside down keg, and drain out through the C02 inlet on the coupler. Any help much appreciated.

That is basically how everyone cleans them.

Go and have a look at the websites for major manufacturers like KHS where they show the sequences. I don't have any links, but a bit of trawling around will give results
    dick

Comment

Also keep your kegs as low as possible say around 24" above the ground the less one has to lift kegs the better for ones back
      Mike Eme
      Brewmaster

Comment

Thanks i'm going to test out blasting liquid through the spear and let it drain out of the CO2 inlet. Hope that the CO2 inlet doesn't get clogged up though. And i'm wondering if the outside of the spear tube gets cleaned properly as there's no liquid touching it, I guess it does though if it's the standard for keg washer designs.

Comment

Originally posted by Fettucini View Post
          Thanks i'm going to test out blasting liquid through the spear and let it drain out of the CO2 inlet. Hope that the CO2 inlet doesn't get clogged up though. And i'm wondering if the outside of the spear tube gets cleaned properly as there's no liquid touching it, I guess it does though if it's the standard for keg washer designs.
          One washer design lowers the pressure of the caustic so it runs up the spear and down the outside of the spear but, for the most part the caustic splashes around inside the keg
          Mike Eme
          Brewmaster

Comment

Working...
          X