Need opinion on Quality Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need opinion on Quality Management

I brew only for myself now. And this is something that makes me truly happy, unlike my current soul-sucking job. I've been planning to leave my current job and start something of my own for some time now. I love brewing and why not start a brewery of my own, right?
    So I was talking about this to a friend who does this and told me that his inspirations were almost the same. Also told me that while starting having a system for Quality management is important. And a software is the best option and suggested this Quality Management software which he uses.
    What is your opinion on this? Is a Quality management software necessary if I am just starting out?

I wouldn't bother. I suspect you will be paying a load of dosh for something which is far too complex for your needs.

I am sure there are equivalent standards in the states, but have a look at this. SIBA (Society of Independent Brewers) in the UK, have a slightly simpler system called FSQ, but don't publicly publish the standard in the same way. I suspect the ASBC will do something similar, or have links to something like this appropriate to the demands of the States.

So if you set up something like this for a start, and then simply take appropriate numbers of samples etc for micro and phys / chem, plus all the other stuff - HACCP study, H&S policy etc this should stand you in good stead.
    dick

Comment

Originally posted by dick murton View Post
      I wouldn't bother. I suspect you will be paying a load of dosh for something which is far too complex for your needs.
      Get a feel for your situation before dropping cash on a management system. Not always necessary but can be quite useful depending on the situation. Upgrade to something down the road as needed. Just my $0.02

Comment

Thanks for the replies

Your opinions were really useful, now I am assessing my need and making sure that this can help.

Comment

Working...
        X