Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my Business Plan

Hello all,

I am in the midst of a strong start to getting off my ass and writing a business plan for a brewpub. I have been fretting it because I have never written anything like this. The part that I am finding difficult is finding pertinent information to come up with reasonable numbers.

I can, being a chef, figure out what is possible through the food side, but being able to also work those numbers to show the combination of food and brewing I am having trouble.

I also need to find info on our competition. There is one local Brewery-Restaurant in the area that is UBER-successful, and I know that we will be nowhere near these guys league, but they are the Goliath in the area. Where do I find out the comparison information for the BP.

Any help that you guys can give me to point me in the right direction. I have a good idea of the type of info I need but not so much on where to get it. I have B.A.'s Starting Your Own Brewery and BP software, but I do need insider info.

Thanks in advance folks,

John

BJ's is a chain off brewpub's that are a public company. You can find some info in their annual and quaterly reports. Their is also some good #s for brewpub's on JV Northwest's and ABT's websites as well. Hope this helps.

Comment

yeah I have seen the industry numbers they list on the JV and ABT sites. They are helpful, but I need to figure out how to localize my numbers to make it more legitimate for the area. I will check out BJ's to get more info.

Thanks Woodsy

John

Comment

John,

What info do you need as far as you competitors go? BBLs/year? If so, that info can be easily obtained and it can provide a good basis for the rest of your projections...

Scott
        Scott Metzger
        Freetail Brewing Co.
        San Antonio, TX

Comment

Searching

John--
          One really simple way to get big info ( and pretty current) is to search on this forum with "business plan" or "sales" or "marketing" or "starting". So many have posted so much info already just waiting for the picking. Warning-- you can spend hours reading because of all the interesting tangents.

Andrea
          Last edited by AlexisScarlett; 03-23-2007, 02:20 PM. Reason: current not currant

Comment

Yeah that is the kind of info I am looking for Scott. I met with the GM of the Brewery/restaurant and it was almost painful to get him to expound on any information. When I get a little free time I want to go and hang out with the brewer, I had something set up a month or two ago but life got in the way! (as it tends to!)

Andrea thanks for that tip. I am sure that if I engaged my brain once in a while, I would have thought of doing just that!!!

Thanks guys, expect more questions to come as I get deeper into this!

John

P.S. if anyone wants to take me on as a project to make sure I don't shoot myself in the foot any tutelage would be great!!! haha

Comment

Working...
            X