Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serving from Grundys

Hi,

Would it be possible to use a Grundy tank as servingvessel in a brewpub?

I was considering using another type of gas than Co2, as I fear that the Co2 will go into the beer after a few weeks.

Has anybody done something like this?

-Christian

sure

Sure you can use grundy's to serve out of. I serve out of my grundy's at my brewpub and have no issues. There should be rating's stamped on the grundy's for max psi. That would be your first concern is that you dont go over your max psi rateing. With mine I had a long draw from my tanks in the walk-n to the bar. So I use a gas blender and push my beer with CO2 and N2. This will work just fine and you will not have any over carbonation problems. Hope this helps.

Kyle

Comment

I would guess that a majority of small brewpubs use grundies for serving. My only word of advice is make sure all the seals are in good condition and that the pressure relief valve, if there is one, is functioning. About half of my grundy tanks leak some gas, some of them more than others. I'm in the process of refitting them with new gaskets and PRVs, but I can only do one tank at a time. Also, the gaskets arn't manufactured anymore so you might have to get them custom made. Otherwise the tanks work great!

Comment

Definately spend the time and money up front before filling with beer to check replace gaskets, eliminate the original grundy pressure relief/CO2 input with a more modern pressure relief valve and gas inlets for pressure. Think ahead and incorporate a CIP spray ball if you have funds for it. I converted all my grundy heads to triclover so I can use one spray ball head fixture to clean all my servers bewteen batches.

Comment

Working...
        X