Glycol Basket strainer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glycol Basket strainer

Looking for a high-volume in line basket strainer for my process return line, with 20-40 mesh. Running 1" pex, so something with a 1" NPT connections would work. Hard to find smaller ones rated for pressure and low temp, and hoping to find something affordable. McMaster didn't seem to have anything suitable.

Cheers,
    Tom

We have been running a larger version of this on our system for a few years with no problem. We also have used their valves for our piping.
    Reasonable and works well

$20

Comment

a place called vacmotion sells filter canisters of all different sizes with all different filter meshes. i think they're mostly the canister types used for water filtration, as opposed to Y strainers, but you might find something there if the one posted above doesnt work for you.

Comment

Thanks. In case any one else stumbles across this thread with a similar question, I ended up going with this product below, in 50 micron mesh. Upon talking with my chiller manufacturer (Advantage Engineering) they said it looked fine for the job. And only $23 :-)

https://www.mcmaster.com/#98775K47

Cheers,
        Tom

Comment

Working...
        X