Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crown capping machines

Hi all,

I have a manual bottling line with a few gravity fillers and 750ml bottles. Thinking of moving from cork/cage to crown caps to reduce time/cost.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a capping machine?

There is one on the GW Kent site for ~$900 thats pneumatic and manual, says ~700ish bottles an hour. I saw another on More Beer that looks less industrial for ~400 (with a pro account) but cant find and detail on the BPH. Otherwise everything im finding is build for a line.

Anyone know of any other options?

The Grifo Pro capper, it's manual but works great. I've tried several low end ones and they were too flimsy. This guy will last forever. Just make sure to pull it apart, clean and lube it before first use, then occasionally aftwards.

mtn

Comment

how many bottles do you usually crank through with it?

So Im capping about 4,500 bottles once a month. Aiming to get bottling down to a single day possibly with like 3 people.

Comment

Our speed was limited by our manual filler, so we never saw more than 4 bpm. It's a really simple motion though and there is a magnet on the crowner which positions the cap. Capping speed will be highly dependent on the ability of the person running the device and how far they have to physically move to grab a cap, then the bottle, and where they have to put the bottle after capping. I think it would be quicker than this pneumatic version because there are fewer motions:

For more information see the Corkers & Cappers page of www.vigoltd.com or contact +44 (0) 1404 892100 or sales@vigoltd.com

4500 bottles a day is pushing any manual operation.
        That volume takes me about 4.5 hrs on a 4 head meheen...

mtn

Originally posted by Jerry1847 View Post
        how many bottles do you usually crank through with it?

So Im capping about 4,500 bottles once a month. Aiming to get bottling down to a single day possibly with like 3 people.

Comment

Yeah, took two and a half days on the first run with corks and cages. Was doing like 300 bottles an hour. Had about half a day of down time from equipment failures. May need to look for something more automated?

Bench top semi-automatic pneumatic crown capper for glass bottles. The machine has no motors or electrical requirements. It is powered by a small air compressor that is not included. The Airmatic capper is made in Italy by Zambelli and is stocked at our warehouse in Michigan. A very cost effective to bottle your beer, cider or other product in glass bottles. The machine can be easily adjusted for bottles of various heights.

Comment

If you can modify that gwkent capper to run off of a foot pedal, I can see it hitting 600/ hr easily.

mtn

Originally posted by Jerry1847 View Post
            Yeah, took two and a half days on the first run with corks and cages. Was doing like 300 bottles an hour. Had about half a day of down time from equipment failures. May need to look for something more automated?

https://www.gwkent.com/pneumatic-capper-air-matic.html

Comment

Working...
            X