Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Distribution only brewery facility question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distribution only brewery facility question..

We plan on leasing a small space for production/distribution only. The space is zoned for this use. One of the walls has a door that opens up to another section of the building that would not be ours. We would be the only ones with a key to this door. Has anyone dealt with a similar issue? Would the ttb see a problem with this? Thanks

I doubt it'll be a problem, but I would just ask them. Is this an additional space for more production of a brewery with a taproom or a whole new operation?

Comment

would you mind explaining the logic behind going distribution only? Thanks.

Comment

New operation, only distribution at 1st. Very cheap rent, getting foot in the door with plan to get tasting room going in the future

Comment

Originally posted by Beardown View Post
          New operation, only distribution at 1st. Very cheap rent, getting foot in the door with plan to get tasting room going in the future
          In my opinion this is the hardest of hard roads to take in 2018. Even if it's not a great location, I would open a taproom, sell as much as you can through there, gain fans, gets direct feedback, and let people put a face to the beer. You can still start distributing your core brands at the same time.

Sorry, this thread wasn't supposed to be a critique on your business model, but you should definitely run the numbers on opening a modest taproom. Trying to take taps from large breweries like Sierra or Firestone, or small local breweries with a story and reputation behind them is hard way to do business in my opinion.

Good luck either way!

Comment

I would strongly advise making the taproom the highest priority: those sales are pure cash into your bank account. Even if you are in a relatively undesirable area your fans will make their way there and will support your brewery.

Good luck!

Comment

We plan on leasing a small space for production/distribution only. The space is zoned for this use. One of the walls has a door that opens up to another section of the building that would not be ours. We would be the only ones with a key to this door. Has anyone dealt with a similar issue? Would the ttb see a problem with this? Thanks
              I'm sub-leasing 1600sf of a 2400sf unit that openly passes through to another unit on the one side from the 800sf in not using. It is not blocked off & the wine maker I sub-lease from & I have total access to each other's space. Furthermore, there's a door to a unit on the other side of mine to which neither I nor that neighbor have a key. The TTB instructed me not to include any of this information on my floor plan drawing. I asked if we needed some sort of secure /locking area between me & the accessible neighbor, they said no. I think you're good with what you've got.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sjcarter View Post
                I would strongly advise making the taproom the highest priority: those sales are pure cash into your bank account. Even if you are in a relatively undesirable area your fans will make their way there and will support your brewery.

Good luck!
                Absolutely this. When first starting out you'll be totally cash limited, the tap room will help keep everyone paid and the lights on. In a HIGHLY COMPETITIVE distribution market, our taproom finances all our other objectives. Yours will too.

Comment

Working...
                X