Fermentation tanks without racking ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fermentation tanks without racking ports

Hi, I just started work at a new brewery and the tanks they have acquired are Beraplan 10HL (~8bbl) jacketed. They aren't installed yet, but I noticed they have no racking ports. The only entry/exit for product is the drain port. Does anyone have experience with tanks like this? Im' thinking that yeasting off every day may become tiresome. I may not be able to use a filter at first either as we don't have one yet.

Would adding finings to the tank improve the ability to remove yeast and trub 100% from the drain? I've not used tank finings before. Ultimately I think we will have to get a filter, but in the mean time I'm not sure how it will work.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by dannymars View Post
    Hi, I just started work at a new brewery and the tanks they have acquired are Beraplan 10HL (~8bbl) jacketed. They aren't installed yet, but I noticed they have no racking ports. The only entry/exit for product is the drain port. Does anyone have experience with tanks like this? Im' thinking that yeasting off every day may become tiresome. I may not be able to use a filter at first either as we don't have one yet.

Would adding finings to the tank improve the ability to remove yeast and trub 100% from the drain? I've not used tank finings before. Ultimately I think we will have to get a filter, but in the mean time I'm not sure how it will work.

Thoughts?
    What size of the bottom outlet?1.5"TC?
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Gavin

Please E-mail me at any time

We Specialize In Designing And Fabricating High Quality Tanks/Equipments For The Brewing Industry!

Email:
    sungoodmachinery@vip.163.com
    gavin@sungoodmachinery.com

www.sungoodmachinery.com(Updating)
    Great Quality,Affordable Prices,24hours After-sales Service!
    The Brand You Know,The People You Trust,The Quality You love!

Comment

Originally posted by Sungood Machinery View Post
      What size of the bottom outlet?1.5"TC?
      1.5" BSM threaded

Comment

Working...
      X