New Sales idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beer dinners

I suggest doing some beer dinners and using the opportunity to educate your client base. Education is the key here!

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Guy
      Hi Patrick I ahve had similar issues in the past where I was forced to sell the domestic industrial beers due to an arrangement between the pub and the industrial brewery. What we did was replace the tap badges and handles of the non house beers with non descript handles or tap badges or ones that had our venue's logo. Then we shifted these beers onto the taps that were in the quieter parts of the bar and made it really inconvienient on busy nights for the bar staff to go pour it they then worked harder at selling the beer that was closest to them.

Eventually we had a set of taps where we sent beers to die and our house brews took center stage.

If your consumer can't see the brands they know they are then in the hands of your bar team who if properly trained and incentivised will make your beers top dog.

Cheers and beers
      Wow, putting blank handles on the macros is a stroke of genius. That way, you still have them around in the near term, but as their popularity drops (due to lack of handles) you can justify "putting them down".

Cheers,
      Scott

Comment

I agree with the "drop the macros"...oh, and just a pet peeve: Your beers are DOMESTIC aka american beers too. I love it when people say things like "what AMERICAN" beers do you sell and I give them my list and they just stare at me with a blank look.

we have been open 11 years selling only our beer. just do it. the amount of business you'll "lose" will be more than offset by the higher margin you get on your own products. Also, do you sell liquor and wine?

I always get a kick out of people who claim that if they didn't sell bud, miller, coors at their pub they'd be out of business...but have never tried it for more than a week.

Oh, and I also agree with the "brew a pils" guys. We make a light lager. sell tons and keep the $$$s for your pub.

good luck.
        Larry Horwitz

Comment

2:1....ouch. We have 12 taps at our brewpub. I keep 9 house beers on at all times. We do have 5 standars that never change, pale ale, hefe, stout, kolsch, and amber. The other four are rotating styles of my choosing, right now, pumpkin, bluebeery wheat, ipa, belgian dubbel. I think beging able to offer the customer a wide range of choices is key. We do what we call a New York State Craft Beer guest tap rotation. At any time, there are three guest beers on tap, made in NY and usually craft. Recently, since we are in Syracuse NY, and their is a Budweiser Brewery 15 miles from us, we decided to put bud on because it is a local beer. It has been on a week and we have only poured about half a keg. So it didn't change anything, in fact is it our slowest moving beer. My beers greatly outsell all of our guest taps, every day. I think you neeed to offer more house beers than guest beers in order to sell more house beer. Specials, and server education are important too. As well as samples. Brew more house styles, and start picking those other beers off your taps one by one. As your beers fill the list and those guest beers dwindle, you will get a great feeling of pride, and accomplishment.
          Tim Butler

Empire Brewing Co.
          Syracuse, NY

Comment

Working...
          X