Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16 oz. Bottles... Anyone interested in some?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 oz. Bottles... Anyone interested in some?

As one of the last brewers to run 16 oz. returnable bottles we have realized no one was manufacturing the bottle so we purchased our own mold through OI and the bottles are being run in late June. The minimum run is 30,000 cases which is a significant amount for a a bottle we will use to supplement our lot of returnables.

Basically we want to know if anyone is interested in buying anywhere from a few pallets to a few trailer loads to help defray the cost of a run. Its a thick pry-off top and these bottles are NEW! They are not used returnables. They'd be a great one-way package to help stand out in the craft brewing industry, something different. And the cost is very reasonable, especially if we can get enough interest to extend the run.

The bottles are longneck ambers and are about the height of a standard 12 oz. but wider in the body. I will post a picture of the bottle soon and we'll send you a sample if you pay S&H.

(And we are looking for orders of at least a few pallets. Don't ask for a few cases for homebrewing. Thank you.)

The Straub Brewery
    Since 1872

As promised, here are two photos. (Probrewer wouldn't take the high resolution ones but if you want more, send me your email address.) I apologize for sounding like a glass salesman but we're just trying to save some money on a glass run.

The other bottle in the picture for comparison is the standard 12 oz. pry-off used by most craft brewers. (Its actually a Magic Hat bottle.)

As for the post above from United Bottles... We tried to allow them to find this bottle for us. They kept coming back with 500 mL Euro bottles, non-returnable bottles, and others that were nowhere close. Maybe they have the 16 oz. bottle you want though...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Straub; 04-12-2007, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Again, not to sound like a glass salesman... I have a price on these bottles for anyone who is interested. Just out of curiousity, what do craft brewers pay for 12 oz. bottles? I am sure it varies greatly by order volume, shipping, and method of packaging the bottles but again, just curious.

Comment

Working...
      X