Does your banker drink beer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does your banker drink beer?

I've just started writing a bi-weekly beer column for Conde Nast Portfolio, a new business magazine from the publishers of Conde Nast Traveler, The New Yorker, Architectural Digest, etc. It's a chance to get craft beer savvy out to a much more mainstream crowd, a business-oriented crowd.

My first column is about something I picked up talking to some brewers recently, and I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this. Jason Ebel at Two Brothers Brewing told me that getting capital was easier these days: "It's a combination of our success and the success of the category. They've heard of our product, but they're seeing others when they go out to eat." Have you encountered anything similar? Is your banker (or contractor, or supplier, or newspaper) taking you more seriously because they see your product and other craft beers when they go out?

If you have any stories like this, please e-mail me details (lew@lewbryson.com) or send me a phone number and I'll give you a call. Thanks.

Lew Bryson

Home page for Lew Bryson, beer and whiskey writer, author of

lewbryson.blogspot.com
    Lew Bryson

Drink each beer like it could be your last...no, first, yeah, that's it, your first!
Working...
X