PM's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM's

HI, Im suggesting that there is no need for PM- read confirmations and a need for more than 1000 characters in private messages.

Is this possible?
    www.Lervig.no

Yes, please!

I very much agree with Michael! I can barely say hello in 1000 characters. Many of my replies to folks have to be either drastically edited down, or sent in two, or three, or well you get the idea, posts.

Please help us oh mighty admin.!

Cheers,
    Ron

Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales

Comment

I agree

Originally posted by Michael Murphy
      HI, Im suggesting that there is no need for PM- read confirmations and a need for more than 1000 characters in private messages.

Is this possible?
      I'm with Ron, hard to say hello. The only confirmation I care about is if I get a response.

Admin's please help! (if possible, may be an inbred part of the vBulletin package)
      Cheers & I'm out!
      David R. Pierce
      NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
      POB 343
      New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Aye

I'll add to the chorus. Never understood why you couldn't send without requesting (demanding) a reply.

David
        Dancing Camel Brewing Co., Ltd.

Comment

Actually, you CAN send a message without "demanding" a receipt confirmation. That's what the poorly labelled CANCEL button does. Still, I'm in with the rest of you on the proposed changes.
          And another thing: Why can I not sort posts by date? Sometimes when I log on, I just barely see new posts before my computer dies, my Internet Exploder explodes, or something else causes me to lose the information. Logging on again shows no new posts. Sure would be nice to sort by posting date instead of a keyword. ADMIN?
          Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the input – always appreciated!

First, gitchegumee is correct, you don’t need to request a a read confirmation on PM’s. When you click “submit message” it will prompt the “request a receipt for this message” choice. Just click on “cancel” and the PM will be sent without.

On the limited to 1000 characters isues – there is nothing I can do about that. We “rent” the vBullitin system which essentially comes with the features it comes with. We are not able to change features such as that.

Lastly, I’m not sure what gitchegumee means about sorting by date? In the threads, all posts are sorted by date. If they are not, you can go into “Edit Options” and then to “Thread Display Options.”

Hope this helps.

Thanks for using ProBrewer!

Cheers,

Admin

Comment

What I meant by that......

Let's say I visited Probrewer this morning and find 68 new posts since my last visit. Now my computer dies, so I reboot and re-login. I find that there are zero new posts, because I just visited (even though I didn't see any of the new posts). I then click on the Discussion Board button, then the Search button, then the Advanced Search button. I now have a screen that allows searches ONLY by Keyword or User Name. The options there that would allow me to search by posting date are only secondary to the Keyword/User Name. So, I think this may fall within the rented architecture of the vBulletin features, and isn't something that we can "fix".
              Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Bigger problems.....

With no intention to be a wise @$$ (okay, maybe just a little), I think your computer dying is a bigger problem than these posting issues. If i remember correctly some person posted some link for new computers on here a little while ago. They got a total of Zero (0) replies.

Tschüs,

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by admin
                  On the limited to 1000 characters isues – there is nothing I can do about that. We “rent” the vBullitin system which essentially comes with the features it comes with. We are not able to change features such as that.
                  No offense... it just sounds odd to me that a PHP program doesn't allow this kind of flexibility.

I did a quick read up on vBulletin manual...

under
                  Admin Control Panel > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Private Messaging Options

Maximum Characters Per Private Message (default: 5000)
                  Maximum characters to allow in a private message.
                  Set this to 0 for no limit.

Is this doable in version 3.0.10?

gitchegumee>
                  I think we are all too used to go to the ProBrewer homepage, seeing how many new posts there are, click on it and read it from there...
                  What Admin meant is that if you go to each individual forum the threads are still sorted by date. Amazing thing is, there are just too many forums for easy reading.
                  I think you are out of luck on this one... get a new computer! a low end (or 3 yr old one) can still run very smooth and stable with a lightweight linux system.

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks Jarviw!

I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a beer guy, not an IT person. But we do have some very capable people here at ProBrewer to help me out on the technical side of things.

I’ll look into this further and get back to everyone.

Thanks again!

Admin

Comment

Figured it out

OK folks – you’re good to go. I figured it out.

You now have unlimited characters in PM’s

Admin

Comment

Thanks

Much thanks to the admins for their actions...
                        Joel Halbleib
                        Partner / Zymurgist
                        Hive and Barrel Meadery
                        6302 Old La Grange Rd
                        Crestwood, KY
                        www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Admin Rocks!!!
                          Glacier Brewing Company
                          406-883-2595
                          info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

thanks again
                            www.Lervig.no

Comment

How about a spell checker for people lik me who can't speel very good.

Cheers,
                              Scott
                              Scott Isham
                              Harper's Brewpub

Comment

Working...
                              X