Strange Small Orange Orbs in Water?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Small Orange Orbs in Water?

upon transferring water from the hot liquor to the brew kettle i noticed shiny copper/orange objedts in the water. i drained the kettle and caught a few.
    they are small orangish orbs smaller than pinheads, a few were floating around, but most fell and gathered on the bottom of the kettle. they just appeared out of nowhere..never saw them before. also i noticed that they were all over the floor where water had been laying so they must have precipitated out of the water.

any idea what they are? maybe have iron in them due to the color?

hmmm...sounds like something from a water conditioner or filter or softener.......I'd look there for your problem.

JackK

Comment

Like the balls you find in a water softener?

Comment

Comment

Oh yeah, those are resin beads from a water softener. It may have been back-washing while you filled your tank.

Bob
          Saint Somewhere Brewing

Comment

Yep, it looks like those are from your conditioner, you should probably check your hardness. I had a problem about a year ago in which a small stone got caught in the valve and wouldn't allow it to perform a proper regeneration cycle. I didn't actually find resin but it was allowing brine to pass through instead of out to waste. You could taste the salt brine, yuck!

Comment

Working...
            X